Spiritual direction conversations often focus on, but are not limited to, these areas of exploration.
- Prayer – How do I connect with the Divine? What are the practices uniquely suited for my soul and this season in my life?
- Self-Awareness – Underneath my various roles and activities, who am I? What are my particular gifts, and what are my growing edges? Why do I think, feel, and act the ways I do?
- Vocation – What is my greater purpose in life? How am I called and equipped to join God in the healing of the world? How is this related or unrelated to my chosen profession/career?
- Relationships – How do I find companionship in partners, friends, and communities? How can I grow in my love and understanding of those closest to me? How do I negotiate conflicts or transitions in my relationships?
- Daily Living – How do I see and experience God in my ordinary day-to-day existence? How do I shape a life that is reflective of my beliefs and values?